Sunday, December 09, 2007

Following the Star


Father
When shall I see His face
With heralding choir of angelic strain
Proclaiming His divinity?
Salvation,
Good tidings of great joy,
As declared on a bright Judean night,
And in haste I'd go to see
A Savior,
Born unto all men, Hope:
Jehovah, Messiah, Christ the King
Come to Earth as a humble child.
To see Him
And to know and feel,
I'd adore Him on bended knee.
And my eyes would then see
Redemption---
From sin's dark grasp on men,
And the sharp sting of death's doleful hold---
Laid in a lowly manger bed.
But the Child
Is not in Bethlehem,
For millennia have passed
Since shepherds found Him there.
So I seek Him,
Following the Gospel's star
Until my journey shall end
Before His glorious throne.
Oh Father!
Then shall I see His face
And my own song shall I raise
To worship Christ, my King.

1 comment:

Novelty Pen said...

Thank you for the poem.
Thanks,
Stress Relievers